Sunday 12 January 2014

Week 2 - Travel and Office Farewell Dos...

So this was a busy week as I get closer to the end of my 8.5 year tenure with the Globus family of Brands. After an intense day of work on Monday, I pretty much spent the rest of the week in Mumbai -  meetings, farewell parties and such… Oh how I will miss the luxury of good gyms that come with hotels like the ITC Grand Central. I will miss that more than the food I guess because I can't deny that I would much rather eat vada-pao when I am in Mumbai!

Any way, this was not the week that I could squeeze in a long run during but had at least two days of 'getting out there'! Considering that the SCMM (Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon) is just 6.75 days away - the lack of long runs may as well have been part of the plan, though I get this faint feeling that I will be adding a longish run tomorrow morning!

The goals for SCMM are - have fun, run-walk-run and end at a sub 3 hours (apparently they will not be open to anyone who can't finish in 3 hours from 2015 onwards!)

Here's what was good this week - the weight is down to 71.1 kilos.. Muscles still feel quite tight - especially the right leg ones - right from the gluteus to the feet and I need to slot in (a lot) more stretching exercises.

Some more travel coming up next week connecting me back to Mumbai and then all the way to Kolkatta - plan to hit those chinese joints on Park Street.

Good luck to anyone else running the SCMM as I move into week 3 of 42 at 42 in 42… much love..


4 comments:

  1. From a goals perspective, this week did not exist. Looks like you neither ran nor did you have an healthy relationship with food. So 2% of your time was lost. Each week is 2% out of 42. Thereby thus increasing the 'required run rate' for remaining weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From a focussed goal training perspective you are completely right - all the same I am glad I managed to do 'something' despite the hectic travel instead of 'nothing' that I would have done if I was not after this goal. Its not a defence but for the working class such weeks are a reality but we mustn't lose sight of the real goal :)

      Delete
  2. Please explain "42 at 42 in 42" with reference to context (5 marks and no word limit) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Run (first) 42 kms at 42 years in 42 weeks (or with 42 weeks training)

      Delete